Warm Up Question
Which best represents the idea of biblical inspiration?
- A human author puts words in God’s mouth.
- A human author reflects on who God is and what God has done then writes down reflections about God.
- The Holy spirit reveals something to a human author and they do their best communicate this to others in writing.
- The Holy spirit dictates to a human stenographer.
Is the whole Bible inspired or only part of it?
Are the words of the Bible inspired or are the ideas inspired?
What is inspired? The text, the author, or both?
Exodus 24:3-4; Numbers 23:19; 1 Samuel 15:29; Nehemiah 8:1;Psalm 119:89, 160; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:17-19; Mark 12:36; 13:31; Luke 16:17; John 10:33-36; 2 Timothy 3:16; Titus 1:1-4; Hebrews 1:1-2; 6:17-18; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- Video: Ben Witherington III on: Why did certain texts make it into the Canon?
- NT Wright Videos on 2 Timothy 3:16:
- William Lane Craig on Biblical Inspiration
- Audio: (from parts 4 & 5 of The Defenders Podcast Series 2: Doctrine of Revelation)
- Scholarly Article: Men Moved By The Holy Spirit Spoke From God’ (2 Peter 1.21): A Middle Knowledge Perspective on Biblical Inspiration