Describe something about Christianity that people call “intolerant.”
Explain you perspective on how Christians should view homosexuality.
How would you define “tolerance”?
How would you define “intolerance”?
Is there a biblical basis for rejecting homosexuality?
What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorra?
Is Leviticus 20:13 binding on Christians today?
What does the New Testament teach about homosexuality?
Do the teachings of Jesus address homosexuality?
Can we share God’s love with the LGBTQ community without affirming their lifestyle?
If so, how? If not, why?
Some Related Scriptures
Genesis 1:26-31; 2:18-25; 19:1-29; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Deuteronomy 23:17-18;
Judges 19:22-23; Ezekiel 16:49-50; Matthew 19:3-12; Romans 1:24-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11;
Galatians 3:28; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; 2 Peter 2:7-8; Jude 1:5-7
How should Christians view homosexuality?
- Video: N.T. Wright on the “Debate about Homosexuality”
- Video: Ben Witherington on “Homosexuality and Scripture”
- Audio: “3 Same-Sex Attracted Church Leaders Speak Out” from Unbelievable? With Justin Brierley
- Article from Christianity Magazine, “A Different Kind of Coming Out” by Justin Brierley
- Articles from Good News Magazine
- “Homosexuality, Slavery, and the Bible” by Adam Hamilton
- “A Matter of Interpretation: Engaging Adam Hamilton” by Rob Renfroe and Thomas Lambrecht
- “My Response to ‘A Matter of Interpretation'” by Adam Hamilton
- Video: Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly A United Methodist scholar faces a possible church trial for performing the wedding ceremony of his gay son.
- Video: Retired Bishop Melvin Talbert Speaks Out Against the United Methodist Church Stance on Homosexuality
Is Christianity intolerant?